This Content Was Last Updated on August 31, 2023 by Jessica Garbett
Under Anti Money Laundering Legislation we are required to confirm the identification of all of our clients, before we provide professional services.
We need to see photographic ID and separate address verification – at least two documents.
Satisfactory identification would one item from both the following lists:
List 1 – An item of Photographic ID, eg:
- Driving Licence
- Firearms Licence
In all cases these items must be valid and in date.
List 2 – An item of Address Verification which must show your name and current address:
- UK Bank or Credit Card statement – less than three months old
- UK Utility Bill – – less than three months old
- Council Tax Demand – current year
- A second document from the first list showing your address – valid and in date
- It is important that, regardless of what ever form of identification is produced, that your name and address agree to the information given to us.
- We can either see originals of the above documents or copies/scans including a good quality picture. We would prefer not to have originals posted to us, but if you do this is at your own risk.
- The copies must be of originals; downloaded bank or utility statements are not adequate for this purpose.
- For Companies, Partnerships etc, we will need to identify all Directors, Partners and Major Shareholders.
- If you cannot produce adequate documentation from the above, please contact us to discuss alternative solutions, and we will work constructively with you.
- Sometimes Risk Assessment will mean that we need to seek further or more in depth information from you in order to comply with regulations.