We have today published a new policy on our website
Deadline Policy – our policy around managing worksflows for statutory deadlines and the respective duties and obligations of ourselves and clients
By way of background, most filings for HMRC and Companies House have statutory deadlines which incur penalties if not met. As taxpayer / business owner meeting deadlines is your responsibility, as are penalties for non-compliance.
Whitefield Tax aim to help you meet these obligations. However where information such as bookkeeping and other records are provided to us late or incomplete, it becomes difficult and time consuming to meet these deadlines.
This policy sets out how we manage work flows against statutory deadlines, what clients can expect from us, and what we expect from clients.
This policy does not change our Terms of Business, which form the contract we have with clients, but helps to amplify and explain them.
We also take this opportunity to remind you of our other key policies:
- Terms of Business – the detailed terms of engagement with our clients, including Plain English summary and change log
- Basis of Quotation – how we quote for our fees and the services we normally include
- PSC Service Specification – for our PSC clients, the specification for our PSC service overlays our full Terms of Business above
- Fee Indexation – an index linked change to your fees from the third year we act for you onward.
- Fee Policy – a guide to how we set client fees, and the circumstances in which we may charge additional fees or change fee agreements with clients
- Making Tax Digital for Income Tax – a Position Statement on Prospective Fee and Service Changes for Making Tax Digital for Income Tax
- FreeAgent and Cloud Accounting Support – a guide to how and when we charge for support with software
- Deadline Policy – our policy around managing worksflows for statutory deadlines and the respective duties and obligations of ourselves and clients